|Available Medications:||Modafinil (Provigil), Modalert, Nuvigil (Armodafinil)|
|Modafinil Dosages:||200 mg, 100 mg|
|Modafinil Price:||from $0.72 per pill|
|How to Get||Start Now|
Modafinil – Effective Wakefulness Promoting Agent
Modafinil is a prescription drug that promotes wakefulness and used to treat excessive sleepiness. Keep reading to learn more about this preparation, how to take it and what to avoid during the treatment.
Modafinil Products and Brands:
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
- Artvigil (Armodafinil)
Modafinil – Brief Overview
Modafinil is a powerful nootropic drug. Modafinil is used to overcome drowsiness associated with diseases such as narcolepsy, when the process of falling asleep is not controlled by a person, and the patient can fall asleep at any time, even while performing dangerous and responsible work or driving a car. Based on researches, Modafinil can maintain wakefulness for a long time. The drug affects certain parts of the brain and allowsfor regulating the wakefulness process. However, it isn’t allowed to use the medication on a regular basis since it will negatively affect the central nervous system and immunity.
The mechanism of action of the drug has not yet been thoroughly studied. It is most likely that Modafinil, like other stimulants, promotes the release of monoamines from synoptic clefts (the area between nerve cell membranes). It increases hypothalamic histamine levels by working as a sleep-fighting agent. The drug does not have sufficient potential for serious abuse: it does not contribute to the development of addiction, does not cause overexcitation, and preserve the sense of responsibility.
Modafinil is a powerful stimulant that improves memory, mental acuity and other parameters of brain activity. The drug provides effective relief from fatigue and restoration of cognitive functions of the brain.
How to Take Modafinil?
TakeModafinil based on the guidelines of your doctor. You can use these recommendations to take the preparation properly.
- This medication has a misuse factor. Keep Modafinil away from other people in order they don’t use it by accident.
- Take a medicine in the morning to promote wakefulness during the day. Also, you can use a dose 1 hour before your work shift begins.
- It is possible to take Modafinil with or without food.
- Consult your healthcare provider if you still have problems with wakefulness during the treatment.
- It is recommended to have a short-term treatment (up to 3 months) to avoid drug addiction.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking Modafinil since you may experience severe adverse reactions.
- If you take this drug to improve wakefulness, it doesn’t mean it can replace sleep. You still need to follow the normal schedule to maintain good health conditions.
- The medication may impair your thinking or reactions, so don’t do any activities that requires attention as long as you understand how Modafinil affects your brain.
Modafinil isn’t recommended for patients with allergy to the main component of the drug. Ask your doctor to prescribe an alternative preparation if you have:
- problems with liver;
- kidney failure;
- chest tightness;
- unhealthy heart;
- previous or current alcohol or drug addiction.
If you are an expecting mother or are planning pregnancy, tell this information to your doctor. It isn’t known whether Modafinil can harm an unborn baby, so it is recommended weighing all the risks and benefits before starting the treatment. The preparation can affect the efficiency of many hormonal contraceptives. Talk with your gynecologist about alternative ways of birth control to prevent pregnancy.
The most common adverse reactions caused by Modafinil may be:
- moderate and severe headache;
- moderate diarrhea;
- back pain;
Seek medical assistance if you experience the following adverse effect:
- severe skin rash;
- sore throat;
- sinuses and face swelling;
- suicidal thoughts;
- blistering or peeling of the skin;
- yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes;
- swelling of the face, eyes, lips, tongue, feet, or throat;
- mouth ulcers;
- swallowing and breathing problems;
- shortness of breath;
- darkening of urine;
- increased heart rate;
Modafinil can cause severe skin reactions that require hospital treatment. Since the first release of Modafinil, the FDA reported 6 cases of severe adverse skin reactions associated with this preparation, such as polymorphic erythrema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome), and drug fever with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) in adults. Don’t take another dose of a medication if you have hives, face swelling or severe skin rash. Go to emergency room of you have one of these symptoms.